For most South Asian test-takers, one of the toughest modules to crack in the PTE-A is Speaking. Many are not regular speakers of the English language, and while one can practice for other modules, for Speaking, it can get challenging to learn everything overnight, if one does not have some requisite English skills already. But it is not rocket science.
There’s a method to the madness, an order to the chaos. To score 90 in PTE-A Speaking, one has to keep two things in mind: Oral Fluency and Pronunciation. If one follows all the rules and keeps both the criteria in mind, then cracking the module won’t be too difficult.
Oral fluency is not a matter of speaking at a fast pace. Instead, it is about speaking fluently and smoothly. Fluency is how well and with ease you can transfer your ideas in the form of speech. Fluent speech is speaking without unnecessary pauses and filler words.
Pronunciation is the correct way in which words and languages are supposed to be spoken. Generally, there are agreed-upon ways in which words are to be spoken. In PTE-A, the correct pronunciation would be how native speakers of English pronounce words and the language in general.
Tips To Improve Oral Fluency And Pronunciation
1. Avoid Unnecessary Pauses: Don’t speak as if you are taking time to think in between. Speak in a fluent rhythm. The pace should neither be too fast nor too slow. In our daily speech in normal circumstances, we tend to use fillers while we are organizing what to speak. But in the PTE-A exam, it is a good idea to use them judiciously.
2. Give proper pauses:Take short pauses after you finish certain sentences or an idea. Or in other words, speak meaningful chunks of words, and take small pauses in between them. If you speak lengthy sentences, then the software may not be able to pick it all up, and you will lose marks, as a result. Also, don’t stress on keywords unnecessarily. During stress, the voice intonation goes up and down, and this can affect your score. Speak as normally as possible.
3. Speak in A Natural Manner, Tone, And Speed: The really simple trick is to speak naturally, but with proper rhythm, tone and pace. If you have the habit of speaking too fast, or too slow, then you with a little practice you will be able to change your manner of speech.
4. Record Yourself Speaking in English: The best way to improve your pronunciation is to record your speech in English and check how you pronounce every word and work to correct any mistakes.
5. Listen to Native Speakers of English Speaking: To understand how to speak with the correct pronunciation, you could listen to audios or watch videos of native speakers talking. Try to study their mouth movements, and replicate them, so that you get the sound right.
6. Speak in English More Often: To be realistic, instead of expecting miracle charges, you could develop a habit of speaking more often in English. It could be anything. Conversing in English with a friend/colleague, reading English literature/books out loud for practice, reading the newspaper out loud, etc. Nothing prepares you better for the Speaking module than actually speaking in English.
✅???????? ? ???? ?-????:
✅??? ???-??-??? ??????????? ???? ?????? ??? ?????????:
✅???????? ??? ? ???? ????? ?????: