Take your time to rest when your PTE exam ends.
Remember to get familiar with the process of checking PTE scores. This way, you can quickly view and send it to your institution or a visa authority.
This post by PTE Magic will give you a step-by-step guide to checking your PTE scores and sharing them with others.
Related: Check out our popular PTE practice online course if you really want to ace your next test!
How long does it take to get your PTE scores?
A maximum of five working days, if not earlier.
In fact, most test scores are now available within two days, much sooner than the committed date. In 2018, 85.7% of test takers received their PTE score within two days.
Once your results are ready, you will get an email notification with a guide to access your score on your myPTE account. Pearson will contact you immediately if your PTE score is delayed.
How to check for your PTE scores?
A computer calculates all PTE Academic scores. You can view your PTE Academic scores through your myPTE online account.
Pearson will send you a notification email when your PTE scores are out.
Follow the steps below to access your PTE scores:
- Click here to sign in to your myPTE account (the same one when booking your test) to view your score report.
- Choose the “View Score” button on your homepage.
If the “View Score” button is not there, click on “My Activity” next to myPTE at the top of the page.
- Find your PTE test and click “View Score” next to it.
- You may download your PTE Score Report in PDF format if necessary.
Your PTE Score Report is valid for two years from your test date. After this, you won’t be able to view your scores.
What’s inside the scorecard?
When you complete your PTE Academic test, you receive a Score Report and a Skills Profile to help you understand your test score, your language skill level, and where to improve.
On your PTE Score Report
- Your personal details and photo.
- Your Test Registration ID and Score Report Code.
- Your overall score (ranges from 10 to 90) is based on the Global Scale of English.
- A detailed breakdown of your performance, including individual Communicative Skills scores (four skills: speaking, listening, reading, and writing)
On your Skills Profile
- Analyses of your performance in language skill categories.
- Personalized recommendations to help you boost your English language proficiency level.
What can you do if you disagree with the scores?
You can ask for a PTE rescore if you disagree with your current one. Consider the following factors before making a request:
- Your overall PTE score is not expected to change since PTE is a computer-based test.
- Pearson only rescores the spoken and open-ended written answers.
- You will get a full rescore refund if your PTE score changes. If not, you will lose the fee.
- Each test registration is limited to one rescore request.
- A rescore is only available for the most recent Pearson PTE exam.
- You cannot ask for a rescore if you’ve already booked another test.
The entire rescore process is done by phone. You need to call the Customer Support team within 14 calendar days of your score being out. You will get the rescore fee and instructions from the team.
How can you share your results with others?
No need for any paper to be sent!
Since it is digital, sending your PTE Score Report to any institution is quick and easy.
Here are two ways to send your scores to your institutions.
Share your Score Report Code
You need to send your Score Report Code. It is 10 digits below your name at the top of your PTE Score Report. Alternatively, you can provide your Registration ID.
Use Pearson online portal
Here are the steps to share your PTE score using the Pearson online portal:
- Go to your myPTE account.
- Open the “My Activity” page.
- Choose “Send Scores” next to your chosen PTE test.
- Search for your desired institution.
- Review your information and confirm.
- You will get a confirmation email once your score report has been sent.
You can share your test results with as many institutions as you want. No fee is needed.
It is easy to check the PTE scores, right?
Congratulations on getting your desired score. If it’s not as expected, don’t be discouraged. Refresh and prepare for the next attempt.
Contact us if you need any help!
Last updated on 22/08/2023
My name is Moni, and I am a seasoned PTE teacher with over 6 years of experience. I have helped thousands of students overcome their struggles and achieve their desired scores. My passion for teaching and dedication to my student’s success drives me to continually improve my teaching methods and provide the best possible support. Join me on this journey toward PTE success!